Rivian is Committed to Respecting Your Privacy
By visiting the Site, you consent to the practices described in this Policy. This Policy may be amended from time to time, and a new version will be posted on the Site with an updated date displayed. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify this Policy, in whole or in part, at any time. You should check the Site from time to time to see if there have been any changes, as they may apply to you. Where appropriate, you may also be notified of updates to the Policy by email. Your continued use of the Site confirms your acceptance of all changes that we make.
If you submit any information relating to people, other than yourself, on the Site, you hereby represent that you have the authority to provide such information and consent to the use of the information in accordance with this Policy.
How Does Rivian Use My Information?
We use the information we collect in the following ways:
- To Further an Established Business Relationship. We may use collected information to contact you as necessary to fulfill orders or reservations you have placed for Rivian products, services, or events. We may also contact you to ask for your feedback about a product, service, or event.
- To Send You Promotional Materials. We may also use your information to fulfill your requests, including, but not limited to, requests to receive promotional materials. Promotional materials may include information regarding Rivian contests, events, and/or products. We may also use your information to share other services or products that may be of interest to you. Promotional materials may be conveyed in emails. If you no longer wish to receive these materials, you may opt out by following the opt-out instructions included in our emails, texts, or mailings, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To Improve Our Services. As described above, we may collect information using Cookies, tracking tools, and/or analytic tools. We may use this information to personalize your experience on the Site and/or to improve the security, design, and/or function of the Site.
With Whom Does Rivian Share My Information?
We share your information with the following parties:
- With Our Partners. We may share your information with our selected partners in order to conduct business, including, but not limited to, conducting audits, preforming industry analysis, and evaluating the results of marketing efforts. When you provide information as described above, we may share your information with selected partners (e.g., email newsletter providers) to provide you the requested information.
- With Other Third Parties. We may share your information when legally required to do so, such as at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation or to verify or enforce compliance with policies governing the Site and applicable laws. In addition, we may disclose user information if we believe disclosure it is necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of Rivian, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, customers or others.
- Sharing Anonymized Information with Third Parties. We may share anonymized information (such as aggregate Site usage statistics) with third parties for advertising, promotional, or other marketing purposes.
- Links or Content from Other Websites. Our Site may contain links to or content from websites maintained by third parties. Rivian is not responsible for the privacy practices of such third-party sites. Please refer to the privacy policies of these respective websites to view the relevant privacy practices.
- Social Media Buttons. Our Site may contain links or buttons to enable you to share or post content to third-party social media platforms. The privacy policies of such social media platforms will apply to any content you share or post, and Rivian is not responsible for the privacy practices of such third-party platforms.
- Corporate Transactions. In connection with, during, or upon completion of a merger, acquisition, asset sale, or other business transaction that involves some, or all, of Rivian’s assets, data you have provided to Rivian may be transferred to a successor/purchaser as part of a transaction.
How Does Rivian Protect My Information?
Rivian has implemented various physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial security measures to protect against loss, misuse, and alteration of information that we store and collect. Unfortunately, no data collection or storage process can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Should you have further questions or concerns about our security measures, please contact us using the information below.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
The Site is not designed or intended to collect information from children under the age of 13. Rivian does not knowingly collect or maintain any information from children under the age of 13. The Site is not designed with the purpose of attracting any person under the age of 13. To respect the privacy of children and to comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, if you are under the age of 18, you should only use the Site with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
California Do Not Track Disclosure
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browsers, which allows you to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. We do not currently recognize or respond to DNT signals. For more information about DNT, please see www.eff.org/issues/do-not-track.
Notice to California Residents / Your California Privacy Rights
Once a year, California residents may request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2018 will receive information about 2017 sharing activities). We comply with this law by allowing users to tell us not to share their personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. To receive the information described above or to request that we stop sharing your information, please send an email to email@example.com.
Collection of Data and Transfer Outside the United States
Rivian is a company based in the United States. The Site is controlled and operated from the United States; however, information collected about you may be collected, stored and processed anywhere we engage service providers, including outside of the United States. When we transfer and process information about you, we will protect it as described in this Policy. By using the Site, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
You can control how your information is used in the following ways:
- Opting Out of Communications. Our promotional materials include instructions for opting out of receiving further communications. If you no longer wish to receive promotional emails, you may opt out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications, we may still communicate with you regarding an established business relationship, if one has been established. Please allow a reasonable time after reaching out for us to process your request.
- Updating or Cancelling an Account with Rivian. If you signed up for an account with Rivian, you may update the information associated with your account or cancel your account at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Opting Out of Analytics Tools. You may opt out of having your data used by Google Analytics via Google’s Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means. Please visit policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites for more information on how to do this.
If you have questions regarding this Policy, you should contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.