Charging Terms (Canada)
Rivian Adventure Network and Charging Solutions
These supplemental Charging Terms apply to the Charging Services, as defined below, and the Rivian Site and Rivian App, which allow you to make purchases and pay for fees associated with charging the Rivian vehicle ("Vehicle") linked to your Account (defined below) through your stored Payment Methods (the "Wallet"). The Wallet is maintained and operated by Rivian and its third-party payment service providers (collectively, "Rivian"). To use the Charging Services, you must accept the Rivian General Terms and Conditions ("Rivian Terms") and the Rivian Payment Terms ("Payment Terms"). Please read each of these documents carefully. Together with these Charging Terms, these documents establish what you can expect from us and what we expect from you as you use our services.
By using the Charging Services you:
- agree to be bound by the Rivian Terms, the Payment Terms, and these Charging Terms;
- represent that you are at least 18 years of age or the legal age required to enter into an agreement in your jurisdiction of residence and capable of entering into a legally binding agreement; and
- authorize Rivian to process payment for the Charging Services to your Wallet without additional action or authorization.
Rivian offers proprietary charging solutions and partners with other companies (each a "Charging Partner") to offer charging solutions to Account holders and operators of Rivian Vehicles and other battery electric vehicles at Rivian charging stations (collectively, the "Charging Services"). In order to use most aspects of the Charging Services, you must register for and maintain a Rivian Account ("Account"). Your failure to maintain accurate, complete, and up-to-date Account information, including having an invalid or expired Payment Method on file, may result in your inability to access or use the Charging Services. You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your Account or while using Charging Services, and you agree to maintain the security and secrecy of your Account username and password at all times.
Rivian offers you the ability to access Charging Services provided by Charging Partners for your Vehicle through the Vehicle’s center display and via the Rivian App and Site. You agree that your use of the Charging Services is subject to the terms and conditions of such Charging Partner at chargepoint.com/en-ca/legal, including privacy policies at na.chargepoint.com/privacy_policy.
User Requirements and Conduct
You may not assign or otherwise transfer your Account to any other person or entity. You agree to comply with all applicable laws when accessing or using the Charging Services, and you may only access or use the Charging Services for lawful purposes and consistent with these Charging Terms and Rivian’s policies, and the policies of the specific Charging Partner. If you fail to comply with these terms (including policies and supplemental terms), you may be denied access to or use of the Charging Services.
Network Access and Devices
You are responsible for obtaining the data network access necessary to use the Charging Services. Your mobile network's data and messaging rates and fees may apply if you access or use the Charging Services from your mobile device. You are responsible for acquiring and updating compatible hardware or devices necessary to access and use the Charging Services and any updates thereto. Rivian does not guarantee that the Charging Services, or any portion thereof, will function on any particular hardware or devices. The availability and performance of third-party charging equipment may vary. In addition, the Charging Services may be subject to malfunctions and delays inherent in the use of the Internet and electronic communications.
You understand that you are responsible for all costs and expenses associated with use of the Charging Services for your Vehicle, including any applicable taxes, surcharges or fees. Your Account will automatically be charged for the services obtained through the use of the Charging Services. All charges and payments will be subject to the Payment Terms. You agree that Rivian may provide all necessary information regarding your Account to Charging Partners and Rivian’s financial service providers to allow payment processing and to resolve any related issues including investigation of suspected fraud or incorrect charges. By using our Charging Services, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information by Rivian for all purposes identified in our Privacy Notice.
You agree to:
- Pay all the fees ("Session Fees") associated with your use of a charging station to charge your Vehicle, or through the use of your Account to initiate Charging Services for your Vehicle in any manner, including remote access by a customer service agent at your request or using an application embedded in any smart phone or similar technology.
- Use the Charging Services solely in accordance with instructions provided to you by Rivian or the Charging Partner.
- Obey all applicable laws and regulations, as well as any policies and rules of the owner of the property on which the Rivian or Charging Partner charging station is located.
- Promptly review your statements or receipts for Charging Services and notify Rivian of any questions regarding Session Fees or other charges.
- Promptly update your Account with any changes to your contact information, including your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and any applicable credit card information, including, without limitation, the applicable credit card number, expiration date and billing address when that new information is first known. You remain liable for all Session Fees billed to your Account until you have notified Rivian of any changes in your credit card or billing information or until you have cancelled your Account.
- Comply with any applicable Rivian or Charging Partner policies related to the use of the Charging Services or any individual charging location. These may be either provided at the time you initiate charging; posted at a charging location; or contained in these Charging Terms or a Charging Partner’s terms and conditions.
Limitations and Disclaimers
YOUR USE OF THE RIVIAN ADVENTURE NETWORK, RIVIAN-OWNED CHARGING STATIONS AND CHARGING STATIONS OWNED BY CHARGING PARTNERS IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER RIVIAN, NOR ANY OF ITS CHARGING PARTNERS IS RESPONSIBLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF TIME, INCONVENIENCE, LOSS OF USE OF THE VEHICLE, OR COMMERCIAL LOSS. THE CHARGING STATIONS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. RIVIAN DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, AND DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW. NEITHER RIVIAN NOR ANY CHARGING PARTNER MAKES ANY WARRANTY THAT (i) THE CHARGING STATION’S OR ACCOUNT CONNECTIVITY WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, OR (ii) THE OPERATION OF CHARGING STATIONS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE.
Your use of the Charging Services is subject to Rivian’s Data Privacy Notice and the agreements with individual Charging Partners. You agree by continuing to use the Charging Services that Rivian may share information with its Charging Partners in order to provide you the Charging Services.