Service Terms (Canada)
When you need our help to keep your vehicle at its best
Last updated: November 8, 2022
These Service Terms and Conditions apply to any person who seeks certain vehicle services from Rivian, including the following: Mobile Service, Roadside Assistance and SOS, Repairs, Maintenance, Warranty Service and services from Rivian’s third party partners and service providers performed on the Vehicle (collectively, the “Services”). “Vehicle” shall mean the Rivian vehicle you provide or identify to Rivian for Services. In addition to these Service Terms and Conditions, Rivian’s third party partners may have their own terms, conditions, and contractual agreements that you may be subject to and that relate to those specific services.
You agree that by (i) making an appointment for the Services; (ii) requesting Roadside Assistance; or (iii) otherwise utilizing the Services, you are bound by these Service Terms and Conditions and Rivian and its third-party partners and service providers who may assist with Services (collectively, “Rivian’s Service Providers”), are authorized to perform such Services on the Vehicle. You hereby (i) grant Rivian and Rivian’s Service Providers physical access to the Vehicle, and access to data and information on the Vehicle; and (ii) authorize Rivian and Rivian’s Service Providers to perform any necessary or advisable on-road testing or other operation of the Vehicle. Further, by utilizing the Services, you are responsible for compliance with applicable laws, including but not limited to, maintaining insurance coverage on the Vehicle. You acknowledge and represent that you have reviewed and agree to be bound by Rivian’s General Terms and Conditions [rivian.com/legal/terms-canada] (“Terms”) and those are incorporated into and made part of these Service Terms and Conditions.
Time for Performance and Force Majeure
You agree that Rivian’s obligation to provide Services begins only upon your execution of a Rivian Work Order. You further agree that Services shall be completed in a reasonable amount of time, depending on various factors which may be beyond Rivian’s control, including the specific circumstances or location of the Vehicle, the capabilities and equipment of the Rivian Service Provider, the availability of parts and other supplies, and the diagnosis. You acknowledge that any estimated amount of time Rivian provides you to complete the Services is merely an estimate and is not binding on Rivian or Rivian’s Service Providers.
Rivian or Rivian’s Service Providers may cancel or reschedule Services or change the location where the Services will be provided in the event of (i) unavailability of materials or personnel, (ii) circumstances that lead Rivian or Rivian’s Service Providers to determine that Services cannot be performed safely, or (iii) inclement weather, fires, floods, earthquake, civil unrest, war, political insurgence, insurrection, riot, material changes in applicable laws or regulations, or any other condition that was not reasonably expected to occur in connection with or during the performance of Services. Rivian shall be entitled to an extension of time to provide Services for delays resulting from such events, in which case Rivian shall provide you with notice regarding the delay and an estimate of the additional time needed for Services to be completed. You acknowledge and agree that you shall not be entitled to any claim for damages that may be caused by delays in the completion of Services, regardless of the cause of the delays.
If you wish for Rivian or Rivian’s Service Providers to cease providing Services, you must provide Rivian with a written request to cease Services. Rivian will comply with any such request in a reasonable amount of time, provided that Rivian will perform any Services that are necessary in connection with an open recall. In the event that you request that Rivian or Rivian’s Service Providers cease providing Services, you remain obligated to pay the full amount due for the Services already performed.
To the extent allowed under applicable law, you agree to hold Rivian and Rivian’s Service Providers harmless from and against any liability for damage to the Vehicle, or any accessories installed on the Vehicle, directly or indirectly resulting from the performance of Services, or that may result in the event you refuse Services after Rivian has provided you with an estimate and a diagnosis.
You agree that Rivian’s payment terms and conditions [rivian.com/legal/payments-canada] (“Payment Terms”) apply to all payments made or charges due related to the Services performed on or for the Vehicle. You agree to review the Payment Terms before requesting Services and, by requesting Services, agree to be bound by the Payment Terms. You agree that you are responsible for any and all incurred charges and any dispute regarding such charges must be made in writing no later than five (5) business days after completion of the Services. You agree that, even in the event of a dispute, you are nonetheless responsible for prompt and full payment of such incurred charges, some portion of which may be remitted by Rivian if the dispute is resolved in your favour.
Service Appointment Policy
You may, depending on the Services requested, request Services remotely via the Rivian App or by calling the Rivian Service Support Team at 1-855-RIVIAN5. Rivian agrees to consider your requirements and any reasonable requests in determining the location where the Services are to be performed; however, the decision of where to perform the Services is in Rivian’s sole discretion, including whether Rivian will offer Mobile Services. In the event your request for Services involves any unusual circumstances that may require special accommodations, such as a nighttime drop-off of your Vehicle, our Service team will evaluate the request and consider your requirements. You agree to the following for all Services, regardless of where such Services are performed:
- Rivian and Rivian’s Service Providers may remotely access the Vehicle in order to perform the Services, including over-the-air (“OTA”) updates and remote lock and unlock of the Vehicle. You hereby authorize Rivian and Rivian’s Service Providers to access your Vehicle, and Rivian personnel may unlock, access, and/or operate the Vehicle with no prior notice after you have requested Services or scheduled an appointment.
- Rivian may block or limit your access to the Vehicle, including via the Rivian App and web features, until Services are completed and, in some cases in Rivian’s sole discretion, until payment is confirmed.
- You agree to maintain a safe distance from Rivian’s and/or Rivian’s Service Provider’s service technicians and other personnel while Services are being performed and shall cooperate with their reasonable requests, including but not limited to requests to maintain a safe distance from the Vehicle or any Rivian equipment or to wear a cloth mask to prevent the spread of infectious disease, if and when required by Rivian’s policies and/or local mandates.
- You agree not to record Rivian’s and/or Rivian’s Service Provider’s service technicians or other personnel or take photographs, audio recording, or video of the Services being performed or any Rivian equipment, parts, or facilities.
- You agree not to threaten, abuse, insult or otherwise make Rivian’s and/or Rivian’s Service Provider’s service technicians or other personnel uncomfortable or unsafe at any time before, during, or after the Services are performed. Such behavior may result in Rivian cancelling or aborting Services and taking any other action allowed under the law.
- You acknowledge that Rivian may use replacement parts of like kind and quality to that of any original equipment manufacturer, including non-original manufacturer’s parts or remanufactured parts, if necessary.
- You acknowledge that Rivian and/or Rivian’s Service Providers may perform repairs, OTA updates, or other services in connection with a recall, in addition to the Services you request.
For Mobile Services that take place anywhere other than an authorized Rivian service location, you agree to the following additional requirements:
- You agree to ensure Rivian’s and/or Rivian’s Service Provider’s service technicians and other personnel have a safe, secure, and sheltered location to perform Services to the extent possible. Except for Roadside Services, this includes providing Rivian’s and/or Rivian’s Service Provider’s service technicians and other personnel a place protected from inclement weather, accumulated snow or ice, and direct sun exposure in hot climates while performing Services.
- You agree to take reasonable steps to ensure Rivian personnel are safe from traffic, pets, children, and threats or accident risks while performing Services.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Rivian and Rivian’s Service Providers harmless for any liability, claims, losses, costs, expenses, injury, fees or damages suffered or incurred by Rivian as a result of any injury to Rivian’s and/or Rivian’s Service Provider’s service technicians and other personnel or the personnel of its third-party partners and service providers that is caused, directly or indirectly, by your failure to comply with the foregoing requirements.
Storage and Towing Costs
You will be charged $75.00 per day in storage charges, or the maximum allowed by law, whichever is less, for each day you fail to pick up the Vehicle from Rivian’s or Rivian’s Service Provider’s facilities, beginning one (1) business day after notification that the Services have been completed and the Vehicle is available to be picked up. You are responsible for the cost of towing or otherwise transporting the Vehicle to and from the designated location for the performance of Services, unless such tow is the direct result of warranty-covered repairs and you arrange the required tow to obtain the warranty repairs through Rivian Service Support for Roadside at 1-844-RIVIAN4. Roadside services arranged through third parties will not be reimbursed by Rivian. Rivian Service Support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
Depending on the anticipated time to perform Services on the Vehicle, Rivian may, in its sole discretion, offer you a Rivian Loaner Vehicle or other alternative transportation (such as a rental car or ridesharing service) as a courtesy. Rivian Loaner Vehicles are subject to limited availability and may not be the same model as your Vehicle. If you are offered a Rivian Loaner Vehicle, the fee for the Rivian Loaner Vehicle will be waived while the Vehicle is being serviced or repaired (currently, $150.00 per day). Charges will begin to accrue in the event that you do not return the Rivian Loaner Vehicle within one (1) business day of receiving notification that Services for the Vehicle have been completed.
In the event you request and accept other alternate transportation services, you further acknowledge and agree that such services are provided by an unaffiliated third party partner, and Rivian will have no liability for the provision of such services. As stated above, such third party partners may have their own terms, conditions, and contractual agreements that you may be subject to and that relate to those specific services. If you do not have a smartphone or a third party partner’s mobile app installed on your smartphone, you agree to be contacted by such third party partner in connection with your alternative transportation request and bound by the terms and conditions of such third party partner’s terms and conditions, as applicable.
Your Rivian Vehicle is equipped with connected vehicle technologies that allow Rivian to collect vehicle data as described in Rivian’s Privacy Notice, which is incorporated herein by reference and is available at Rivian.com/legal/privacy. Rivian and Rivian’s Service Providers may require full access to all Vehicle systems and data while performing the Services. Rivian may also require access to video in and around the Vehicle, including recordings maintained on the Vehicle itself. You are not entitled to access to any data or information recorded by the Vehicle while Services are being performed, and Rivian may block or delete certain data as part of the standard process of performing Services. You agree that Rivian may collect and use all Vehicle and Vehicle usage-related information in order to perform the Services and as set forth in our Privacy Notice. The Vehicle is also equipped with an event data recorder (“EDR”). The main purpose of an EDR is to record data, in certain crash or near crash-like situations, such as airbag deployment, speed, seatbelt usage and how various systems in the Vehicle were operating. You agree that Rivian may collect and use data from the Vehicle’s EDR as necessary in order to perform the Services. Please read our Privacy Notice carefully to understand Rivian’s practices regarding your information and how it will be treated. If you have questions regarding our Privacy Notice, you should contact us by email at email@example.com.